Tuesday, February 11, 2014

To This Day Project

I write this post with something a little more fun for you: a youtube video! Who doesn't love watching youtube videos? Okay, maybe my father, but that's another story...

Today I bring a video that I came across a while ago and it has stuck with me every since.  And in relation to this blog, we can definitely consider this topic a crisis: bullying.

Bullying is definitely seen as a crisis for kids.  I was bullied all throughout my elementary, middle school, and part of my high school years.  It tormented me.  My self-esteem plummeted.  My self-worth was nonexistent.  I felt like I was constantly being picked on.  I made friends but then found out my so-called friends would talk about me behind my back. 

Crisis? A never-ending crisis.

This powerful and emotion-sparking video captures what bullying does to you and the lasting effects it can have.

There are also other aspects of this video just to think about: the investigative system regarding child abuse, views on counseling, society's views on mental health, psychopharmacology (i.e. meds for mental health, like antidepressants)



I encourage that if you are a victim of bullying, don't be afraid to talk to someone about it.  A teacher, your parents, a friend.  If you know someone who is being bullied, or your child is, don't be afraid to talk to them about it.  They may be silently crying out for help.

AD

No comments:

Post a Comment