Monday, March 17, 2014

Suicide Help

A crisis many families deal with, and a topic I've seen trending in the News, on Social Media, and in conversation, is suicide.  It's something I've been directly affected by in my family, and something I must constantly be aware of as a Victim Advocate and aspiring counselor.  I just wanted to offer some resources for those that may be contemplating suicide.  There is another way out that isn't permanent.  I encourage you to find help.

The national suicide hotline is: 1-800-273-8255


If you are in the Big Bend Area of Florida, call 2-1-1.

If you are an FSU student, faculty, or staff member that has been a victim, or an individual who has been victimized by an FSU student, faculty or staff member or on FSU campus, call FSUPD at 850-644-1234 and ask to speak to the On-Call Advocate.

There is always someone available to listen.  I understand life is hard, and sometimes taking your life may seem like the only solution.  But, it's a permanent solution to a potentially temporary problem.  There are people out there that want to help.  You are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment